Optimal fit and sound reproduction
- If your tonearm has a standard headshell or a cartridge mount, then step up to optimal sound reproduction with OM’s. A glance at anyone of these cartridges will reveal Ortofon’s answer to perfect tonearm matching. Ingeniously tucked into the top of the mounting bracket is a tiny, removable weight-plate.
- If your tonearm is an standard tonearm, just leave the weight-plate. If your tonearm is one of the low mass types, then simply remove the weight. The mass of your OM cartridge is now a mere 2.5g.
OM 5E features Elliptical stylus that provides balanced and distortion-free playback. Elliptical diamonds are able to follow the groove oscillations more accurately than spherical diamonds due to their contoured shape. This results in better tracking and less distortion.
- Output voltage at 1,000 Hz, 5cm/sec. 4 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz/dB 2
- Channel separation at 1 kHz/dB 22
- Channel separation at 15 kHz/dB 15
- Frequency response Hz 20-20,000 +3/-3
- Tracking ability (315Hz, lateral)/µm 60
- Compliance, dynamic (lateral)/µm/mN 20
- Stylus type Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius/µm r/R 8/18
- Tracking force range/g 1.5-2.0
- Recommended tracking force/g 1.75
- Tracking angle (vertical) 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance/Ohm 750
- Internal inductance / mH 450
- Recommended load resistance/kOhm 47
- Recommended load capacitance/pF 200 – 500
- Cartridge weight 5 g