The Jade 3 is a three-way bookshelf speaker with a 1″ (25mm) aluminum-dome tweeter, a 3″ (76mm) aluminum-pulp composite-cone midrange unit, and a 6.5″ (150mm) Acufibre-cone woofer. The drivers are mounted in a sleek, sealed cabinet with a horseshow cross section when viewed from above.
The Jade 3, has a sealed box with a fundamental bass resonance of 44Hz, below which the output falls at 12dB/octave. With typical room gain, this should provide useful bass extension down to around 30Hz.
Those speakers combine particleboard and plywood in a multilayer construction called Crystalam, designed to minimize midrange resonances.
The cones of the Jade 3’s bass and midrange drive-units are made of Acufibre, a proprietary material that combines glass and carbon fibers in a self-damping woven matrix. A thin layer of aluminum is added to the front of the midrange cone to improve its radiation pattern. The dome tweeter has an elastomer mount to isolate it from cabinet vibrations.
- Sealed-box bookshelf speaker
- Drive-units: 1″ aluminum-dome tweeter, 3″ aluminum-pulp composite midrange cone, 7″ Acufibre-cone woofer
- Crossover frequencies: 350Hz, 2.8kHz
- Frequency response: 45Hz–24kHz, ±3dB
- Sensitivity: 86dB/2.83V/m
- Nominal impedance: 6 ohms
- Recommended amplification: 30–150W
- Dimensions: 16.9″ (433mm) H x 9.6″ (246mm) W x 15.6″ (400mm) D
- Weight: 26 lbs (11.8kg).