Constructed of durable polypropylene and using a full-face steel front grille, Tourus loudspeakers are robust and versatile – ideal for DJ’s, musicians and installations. Custom Wharfedale Pro drivers have been used. All models use a class-leading 1.75” HF compression driver to ensure clear and accurate high frequency performance.
Tourus loudspeakers use the largest HF voice coils in their class. All models use a 1.75″ coil which is unique at this price point. This custom made Wharfedale Pro compression driver delivers crisp and precise high frequencies, even at extreme volumes.
The internal amplifiers have been tuned specifically for the HF and LF drivers that we have chosen. This makes for perfect power and frequency transfer, resulting in the sonic experience that you’d expect from a Wharfedale Pro active loudspeaker.
Fans inside loudspeakers can add to operational noise, weight, price and can lead to reliability issues. Tourus has no fan!
The Tourus- MBT models include both BLUETOOTH and USB thumb drive inputs.Its quick and easy to pair your mobile device over BLUETOOTH allowing for high quality wireless audio to stream into the Tourus.
The MBT models also feature TWS pairing. Easily link two Tourus together – wirelessly. Alternatively, insert a USB thumb drive containing audio files (.wav, .flac, .mp3) and control backing tracks or background music with the transport controls on the rear.
- System Type: Active 8″ 2-way Bi-Amplifierd
- Frequency Response (+/-3dB): 65-20KHz
- Sensitivity @ 1 w/1m: 95dB
- Maximum SPL (peak @1m): 124dB
- Low Frequency Transducer Impedance: 4Ω
- High Frequency Transducer Impedance: 8Ω
- Amplifiers: Class D
- Crossover Frequency: 2.6 KHz
- Input Impedance: 47 kΩ Balanced
- Maximum Input Level: 5V
- Line Input Sensitivity: -10dB
- Mic Input Sensitivity: -40dB
- Line Output Connector: Male XLR
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 470 x 315 x 307 mm
- Weight: 9.2 kg