The C49 comes with a multitude of inputs. For analog, it has 2 balanced and 3 unbalanced, along with 2 phono inputs (comprised of 1 Moving Coil and 1 Moving Magnet) for connecting turntables. On the digital side, it has 6 inputs housed in the DA1 module. The inputs are: 2 coaxial, 2 optical, 1 USB and 1 proprietary MCT (for use with our MCT series of SACD/CD Transports). The DA1 is powered by an 8-channel, 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) that is used in Quad Balanced mode; it supports up to DSD256 and DXD 384kHz for playback of high resolution audio. In total, the C49 has 13 inputs, and each can be given user-friendly names to simplify system setup and control.
For connecting to your amplifier and the rest of your home audio system, the C49 has 2 balanced variable outputs, 2 unbalanced variable outputs, and 1 unbalanced fixed output. The outputs are designed for easy use when bi-amping your speakers so that neither your highs or lows are inadvertently turned off. Your audio sources can be fine tuned via the bass and treble tone controls. The C49 can be seamlessly integrated into our home theater system via Home Theater Pass Through. Power Control ports allow for the easy turn on/turn off of other connected McIntosh components, while the Data Ports can send remote control commands to connected source components. Our High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®) is also included.
The C49 is one of many McIntosh products to receive Roon Tested designation from Roon Labs. It has been profiled and tested by both Roon and McIntosh for maximum compatibility. Roon will recognize it and send it audio optimized for its capabilities. No fiddling with checkboxes or dropdowns, Roon Tested devices are automatically identified and configured out of the box for a superior customer experience.
- Number of channels: 2
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.005%
- Frequency response: +0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 20kHz; +0, -3dB from 15Hz to 100kHz
- Maximum volts out (balanced/unbalanced): 16V/8V RMS
- Sensitivity high level (balanced/unbalanced): 900mV/450mV
- Sensitivity phono (moving coil): 0.45mV
- Sensitivity phono (moving magnet): 4.5mV
- Signal to noise ratio (high level): 100dB
- Signal to noise ratio (moving coil): 80dB
- Signal to noise ratio (moving magnet): 82dB
- Voltage gain (high level): 15dB
- Voltage gain (moving coil): 60dB
- Voltage gain (moving magnet): 40dB
- Input impedance (balanced/unbalanced): 44k Ohm, 22k Ohm
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 44.45 x 15.2 x 45.72) cm
- Weight: 10.4 kg