Offering 200 Watts per channel and 14 total inputs, the space-saving MA7200 Integrated Amplifier can easily become the core of your 2-channel home audio system.
Making up its 14 inputs are 8 analog connections (5 unbalanced, 1 balanced and 1 each of Moving Coil and Moving Magnet inputs for turntables) along with 6 digital (2 each of coaxial and optical plus 1 USB and 1 proprietary MCT for use with McIntosh’s MCT500 SACD/CD Transport). The digital inputs are housed in McIntosh’s DA1 Digital Audio Module, which can easily be replaced by future modules to keep your MA7200 current with the latest digital audio technologies. The DA1 comes with an 8-channel, 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) used in Quad Balanced mode. The USB input accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports up to DSD256 and DXD 384kHz for high resolution audio playback, while the coax and optical inputs will decode music up to 24-bit/192kHz. All inputs can be given custom names for user-friendly system control and configuration.
The MA7200 includes McIntosh’s Monogrammed Heatsinks™ which are so efficient at dissipating heat that they warrant bearing the McIntosh “Mc” logo. They are connected to advanced high current output transistors that eliminate warm-up time so you can enjoy the MA7200’s full sonic capabilities from the moment you turn it on. The MA7200 is full of other McIntosh technologies including Autoformers™ to deliver the full 200 Watts to each of your speakers regardless of their impedance, Power Guard®, Sentry Monitor™, Home Theater PassThru, bass and treble tone controls, High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®), and gold-plated speaker binding posts.
The MA7200 is one of many McIntosh products to receive Roon Tested designation from Roon Labs. It has been profiled and tested by both Roon and McIntosh for maximum compatibility. Roon will recognize it and send it audio optimized for its capabilities. No fiddling with checkboxes or dropdowns, Roon Tested devices are automatically identified and configured out of the box for a superior customer experience.
The entire unit is wrapped in the timeless McIntosh appearance with blue watt meters, a black glass front panel with aluminum end caps, control knobs and illuminated logo.
- Power Output per Channel: 200 Watts
- Number of Channels: 2
- Speaker Impedance: 2, 4, or 8 Ohms
- Rated Power Band: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- Dynamic Headroom: 2dB
- Frequency Response +0,-0.5dB: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response, +0, -3dB: 10Hz to 100kHz
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Coil): 0.25mV
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Magnet): 2.5mV
- Sensitivity High Level (Balanced/Unbalanced): 0.5V/0.25V
- Sensitivity (Power Amp input): 1.4V
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Coil): 80dB
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Magnet): 82dB
- Signal To Noise Ratio (High Level): 95dB
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Power Amp input): 113dB
- Input Impedance (Balanced/Unbalanced): 20K/20K
- Damping Factor: >40
- Maximum Output (Balanced/Unbalanced): 8V Unbalanced
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 44.45 x 19.37 x 55.88 cm
- Weight: 34.1 kg