The MA5300 Integrated Amplifier is proof that big sound can come in small packages. It is McIntosh’s smallest solid state integrated amplifier in terms of both power output and physical size, making it an ideal choice for smaller spaces or for someone just beginning to assemble a home audio system. It’s a direct coupled amplifier that delivers 100 Watts per channel into 8 Ohm speakers or 160 Watts per channel into 4 Ohm speakers. New dual scale blue Watt meters give an accurate readout of power output for both 4 and 8 Ohm impedances.
The MA5300’s complement of 12 inputs includes 6 analog inputs (4 unbalanced, 1 balanced and 1 Moving Magnet input for turntables) and 6 digital inputs (2 each coaxial and optical, 1 USB and 1 proprietary MCT for use with McIntosh’s MCT series of SACD/CD Transports). All digital inputs are housed in McIntosh’s DA1 Digital Audio Module which can be replaced by future modules as new digital audio technologies are developed. The DA1 comes with an 8-channel, 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) used in Quad Balanced mode and supports up to DSD256 and DXD 384kHz for high resolution audio playback. All inputs can be given user-friendly names to simplify system control and configuration.
Included on the MA5300 are McIntosh’s Monogrammed Heatsinks™ which are connected to advanced high current output transistors that eliminate warm-up time so you can enjoy the MA5300’s complete sonic capabilities from the moment you turn it on. Powerful new control microprocessors have been used to improve overall system operation, along with some of the latest audio-grade circuit components to deliver the best possible sound. Bass and treble tone controls have been added to help you further fine tune your music to your personal preferences.
The MA5300 is one of many McIntosh products to receive Roon Tested designation from Roon Labs. It has been profiled and tested by both Roon and McIntosh for maximum compatibility. Roon will recognize it and send it audio optimized for its capabilities. No fiddling with checkboxes or dropdowns, Roon Tested devices are automatically identified and configured out of the box for a superior customer experience.
Rounding out the MA5300 are time tested McIntosh technologies including Power Guard®, Sentry Monitor™, Home Theater PassThru, High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®), and gold-plated speaker binding posts. The classic McIntosh aesthetic of blue Watt meters, a black glass front panel with aluminum end caps, control knobs and illuminated logo complete the MA5300.
- Power Output per Channel: 100 Watts into 8 Ohms; 160 Watts into 4 Ohms
- Number of Channels: 2
- Speaker Impedance: 4 or 8 Ohms
- Rated Power Band: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- Dynamic Headroom: 1.8dB
- Frequency Response +0,-0.5dB: 0Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response, +0, -3dB: 10Hz to 100kHz
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Coil): N/A
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Magnet): 2.5mV
- Sensitivity High Level (Balanced/Unbalanced): 0.5V/0.25V
- Sensitivity (Power Amp input): 1V
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Coil): N/A
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Magnet): 82dB
- Signal To Noise Ratio (High Level): 95dB
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Power Amp input): 110dB
- Input Impedance (Balanced/Unbalanced): 20K/20K
- Damping Factor: 8 Ohms: >200; 4 Ohms: >100
- Maximum Output (Balanced/Unbalanced): 8V Unbalanced
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 44.45 x 15.24 x 55.88 cm
- Weight: 17.2 kg