The REVELATION HYBRID bridges the gap between the past where all VDH conductors were made of pure metals in all kind of configurations and the new era where other conductor materials are involved. The first product of this new “hybrid” generation is The REVELATION HYBRID.
The main idea behind this concept is that a pure metal conductor is a wonderful collection and compilation of crystals where the inter-crystal relations are not perfectly arranged:
- In VDH’s The REVELATION HYBRID the bridging factor between these crystals is the thick conductive Linear Structured Carbon ® (LSC) saturated layer covering the centre conductor.
- Due to the special properties of this LSC saturated coating, the sonic improvements are remarkable. Especially the very fine details of a recording and the spatial information are transmitted without the slightest harshness.
All metal strands used in The REVELATION HYBRID are of a very high grade Matched Crystal (MC) OFC with a thick and very dense coating of pure silver.
- The center conductor is made of 294 single strands each 0.15 mm. in diameter exhibiting a total cross-section area of 5.20 mm² and a low resistance of 0.332 Ohm/100 meter.
- The LSC saturated layer covering the center group is extruded under very high pressure to ensure a good bridging contact.
- The total diameter of this combined group is 7.50 mm.
- Around this core 16 helically wound conductors are applied. These 16 outer conductors are individually insulated and are standardly wired in parallel with the center conductor, giving a single lead cable. Their being individually insulated however also allows them to be wired together as a separate signal return. (Versions wired as such and fit with matching connectors are available either as twin-lead speaker cable or as single-ended interconnect on special customer demand).
- Each of these 16 conductors consists of 42 strands of 0.15 mm. diameter. These 16 conductors exhibit a combined cross-section area of 11.88 mm² and a combined resistance of just 0.145 Ohm/100 meter.
- The core combined with these 16 conductors in parallel give The REVELATION HYBRID its very low resistance of 1 Ohm/km.
- The outer insulation jacket is made of red HULLIFLEX ® 3, a mechanically superb insulation material.
- The external diameter is 12.5 mm.
In using this product, the advise is to de-insulate the various groups to solder them all together in one big connector; Our 10.0 mm. Ø cable entrance diameter Bus type Universal Speaker Connectors are suited.
To obtain the best performance twist the two loudspeaker leads (the plus and the minus connecting cables) together with 4 – 5 twists/meter.
For those who do not fear some extra work: with our C – 11.3 RCA type connectors you can produce a superb single-ended interconnect from The REVELATION HYBRID by using the 16 outer conductors as the shielding.
With The REVELATION HYBRID for the first time in your audio life you will hear that the reproduction is as it should be and that there is no need for any change to another loudspeaker cable.
The REVELATION HYBRID is available in any specified length starting from 1 meter and on 50 m. reels.