In contrast to most Bluetooth speakers, the DS-2 is a pair of proper two-way hi-fi speakers shrunk to desktop size, standing just 190mm high, 120mm wide and 140mm deep.
The mid/bass driver’s cone is fashioned from woven polypropylene, chosen for its ideal combination of lightness, strength and low coloration. Both drive units are protected by specially designed metal grilles, while a rear-firing port augments low-frequency performance to provide bass that’s surprisingly deep and punchy for the speakers’ size.
Inside the master speaker nestles new-generation, high-performance digital amplification outputting 2x15W continuous and 2x30W peak. This drives the treble and mid/bass units via a high-quality crossover network containing select audio-grade.
Bluetooth provides simple wireless pairing with smartphones, tablets, PCs and Macs, complete with support for the sonically superior aptX codec. Flexibility is further enhanced by a 3.5mm analogue stereo input and supplied cable.
- Bass driver: 3″ (75mm) woven polypropylene bass core
- Treble driver: 3/4″ (19mm) silk dome
- Inputs: apt-X bluetooth / 3.5mm stereo AUX in
- Amplifier power output: 2x 15W (digital amplifier with DSP)
- Frequency response (+/-3dB): 120Hz – 20kHz
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 190 x 120 x 140 mm
- Net weight: 2.9 kg