This tube power amplifier has all the features to meet the needs of today’s music enthusiast, while preserving the qualities that have made the MC275 the most revered McIntosh tube amplifier.
This sixth generation MC275 has many subtle enhancements from the previous release that greatly improve performance. Combined with the widest bandwidth McIntosh output transformer design, the MC275 features tauter bass control and thermally quiet circuit design. The result is pure music.
McIntosh patented and gold-plated Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts assure the best connection to all speaker cables, while high quality balanced and unbalanced input connectors enhance signal transfer from the connected preamplifier.
The seven small tubes are LED illuminated to indicate the amplifiers functional status: upon power up, they sequentially glow amber for a few seconds and then all turn green to signify system readiness. In the rare case of an output tube failure, the small tubes in front of it will turn red to notify you of the problem. Power Control is used to remotely control tube illumination from a McIntosh preamplifier.
- Power Output per Channel: 75W @ 4, 8 or 16 Ohms
- Number of Channels: 2
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.5% maximum harmonic distortion at any power level from 250 milliwatts to rated power, 20Hz to 20kHz (≤ 0.25% harmonic distortion at 1kHz)
- S/N below rated output: 105dB
- Dynamic Headroom: 1.2dB
- Damping Factor: >22
- Rated Power Band: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response: +0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 20kHz; +0, -3.0dB from 10Hz to 100kHz
- Balanced Input: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 54.6 (including cables) x 21.6 (including feet) x 30.5cm
- Weight: 30.5 kg